Jazz classes have a great energy as we dance to a wide range of music including current pop, disco, Broadway, musical theatre and Old School HHF tracks too. Each class starts with the essential warmup and progresses through to corner work which encourages travelling steps including techniques for kicks, turns and leaps. Technique is a major element of the class so that the steps and routines show great dance line. As the levels progress we include great choreography references and history styles such as Fosse, Go-Go, Cabaret, chorus heel training and much more so that our aspiring dancers are fully prepared for any dance role when they enter the industry – come join this uber poplar Jazz program – your child will love it!
Jazz exams are optional and are great for students eager to extend their dancing. Levels are progressive, but older students are able to join at a higher level. Our studio has a 100% pass rate!
Older jazz students who wish to take exams are encouraged to take a ballet class to improve technique, strength and flexibility.
Jazz Can Help Your Child
- Increase focus and attention span, attention to detail and discipline
- Learn musical timing
- Studies have shown tap can help academically, particularly maths and English
- Understand eurhythmics, the art of interpreting rhythm through bodily movements
- Improve balance and control
- Make friends and enjoy team-work
Senior Jazz @ DanceStruck